Here we are at the end of 2008. Since PBE is all about accountability, here we go. First, a snippet from the 2008 goals list.
Victim in Vegas wrote in a couple of New Yearâ€™s Resolutions for Patty Hauptman and Iâ€™m going to build on those. Feel free to add your own.
- public apology to all employees, past & way past. -Didn’t happen
- pay checks sent immediately to those who have been shorted.. -Didn’t happen although they did manage to get that into the bankruptcy filing.
- Learn about ethical business practices and apply them -Might have something to do with teaching a pig to sing
- Stop trying to get away with something and start trying to conduct business in an honorable way. -The Hauptmans? They were still taking for themselves as Mercury crashed into the Rocky Mountains.
I was hoping for five, but that should be enough to keep her busy for 2008. I mean really, how do you learn ethics at her age anyway? Thatâ€™s going to be a tough one. And hereâ€™s a couple of mine for John Harritt.
- Admit that you are not business material, you are not CEO material. You are a salesman. Period. —Johnny hasn’t gotten here yet. He’s still trying to get something going.
- Return some phone calls and start behaving in an honorable manner –That didn’t happen
- Get out of the title business, youâ€™re part of the problem (actually that could be Patty Hauptmanâ€™s #5 too) –Didn’t happen although I guess it’s safe to say that Patty’s out of the title business now.
Thatâ€™s all I have for John Harritt. You canâ€™t make a New Yearâ€™s Resolution to be less of a dumb assâ€¦.can you?
Wine Dogs Goals (since we donâ€™t do resolutions)
- Get the 50 pounds off -swing and a miss
- Set records in the new weight class (Iâ€™ve already checked, itâ€™s so doable) –swing and a miss
- Finish the four classes Iâ€™m enrolled in -Done those were my real estate classes
- Pass the appropriate tests -Done (I was talking about my real estate licensing)
- Keep Pinkbunnyears rolling and interesting, key topics to include
- Title business and my crusade to stop the corporate wankers -Didn’t miss a beat
- Body for Life -not particularly impressive
- Powerlifting -Done
- My dogs (yeah, I said DOGS. See below) -Done
- Train the newbie (see 5.4 above or picture below) -Done
- Build an organic garden -Done
- Landscape back yard -Swing and a miss
- Start three planned businesses and write business plan for fourth -Two out of three
- Use less emotion and more brain unless the situation calls for more emotion and less brain. –I’ve really been pretty good on this one
It’s real interesting to see where I was on January 1, or December 31 last year and where I am now. Last year when I said “dogs” I meant Beauregard and Rita. I could have never guessed that my heart would be broken in June when Beauregard succumbed to cancer. I didn’t even know he was sick. I could have never guessed that I would be living with a hillbilly blue dog. I had hoped that maybe I got out of the title business, I was taking the appropriate course of action. Who knew it would be done for me. I figured the Amateur Now Demoted Manager had it out for me. Who knew he could get the corporation to do it for him. I know he’s not that smart. Just lucky. Well, see how that works out for him on a go forward basis. I didn’t lose an ounce of weight last year. I did buy a new bike and fell in love with distance. I do have the wood to build a deck off the french doors that still aren’t completely installed. It’s in the garage and the BMW still sits in front of the house rather than in the garage behind a new automatic door. But all and all, a lot happened last year.
So, without further adieu….drum roll please…
Wine Dog Goals for 2009
- Continue polishing Rita’s training
- Get Bubba’s training to the next level
- Lose that damned 50 pounds
- Set two new powerlifting records
- Finish a
- Bicycle race
- Metric Century
- Raise $5000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation through Team Fatty (see new button in the sidebar)
- Organize real estate business to optimal efficiency
- Finish getting the title service business running
- Close a deal every three weeks
- Get a solid marketing campaign going and stay on target with it
- Finish at least one of the writing projects
- Get this damned house painted
- Landscape both yards
- Remodel main bath (the only thing inside the house I didn’t do.
That ought to keep me out of trouble. Feel free to throw yours out in to the comments section