I am so done with 2013. Over. Done.
Do I need to go back to the PBE posts of why I’m done? Let’s start with the Old Woman breaking her hip two days before Christmas and 2012 and all that it entailed. Now the Old Woman has healed well and gets around pretty good, I would venture to say as well as she did before, but it was pretty adventuresome all that was involved in getting her on the road to recovery. Needless to say there is a lot more involvement of all concerned.
And my body. Surely you saw the two broken toes. The right foot in January, the left the following November. You’re probably sick of pictures of my feet. Or the tick bite. Yeah that was fun. Or the death of Princess. Or hurting my neck on the AIDS ride. The AIDS ride that I barely trained for because I had the worst flu on the planet? I didn’t even mention the have a little too much wine and miss the step in the dark adventure. It’s been over 3 months and I still can’t kneel. My assumption is I chipped the bone in my leg when I went down. Not that I’m bitching but goddamn.
If ever there was a year to say “See ya” to, it was last year. Goals went like this:
- Lose the last 31 pounds Who are you kidding?
- Raise $7500 for the AIDS/Lifecycle Rough ride last year. $4020.
- Six closings every month Rough year last year. Averaged 2 per month for a total of 22
- Raise average sale price to $375,000. It’s currently $315,000 Rough year last year. $266,000.
- Ride at 15mph 11.7
- Squat 230, bench 300, dead lift 435 Missed this one bad. Currently squatting 135, benching 135 and deadliftting 200.
- New car Sonofabitch! I actually accomplished something.
- Eliminate personal debt Made some serious progress here. Me and the IRS aren’t seeing eye to eye though.
- Landscape Not even close.
- Remodel main bath Not even close.
- Build mud room Not even close.
But as usual, I made chicken salad out of chicken shit. I got to meet and talk with Rip Esselstyn. I did get the new car I needed. And it’s freaking gorgeous. I sold a bunch of real estate and I did ok. I am President-elect for our marketing association and VP of my BNI. I was selected to be Realtor of the Year by my peers. And this really curtails my freedom to be an asshat. I rescued some dogs. I lost Miss Cleo, but that was to be expected, she was ancient. And she went in peace.
I tried to go on vacation but Bill and Bubba decided to have the brawl to end it all. And the new dogwalker didn’t hear and/or take seriously my instructions to not let any of the boys out together when I was gone. So I missed the reason I went on vacation in the first place. I’m going to try a vacation again this year. Maybe two. I’m tired. Really tired. And I need a break. First big break is scheduled for April. The Nabisco Championship in Palm Springs. There is a powerlifting meet in Laughlin that Friday. I think I have a plan. I hope.
And I just hired someone to work with me. Someone to manage all of my marketing. She has a degree in marketing and a grandfather, father, uncle and sister who sell real estate. And her Aunt is a lender. We’re starting very slow but if my marketing is consistent like it should be, the business will grow. Because I’m maxed out right now. I can be paid on my referrals and her sister works for KW and needs more business. See? Always thinking. So here we go. 2014, you will be my bitch!
- Lose that last 35 pounds.
- Ride at 15mph
- Eliminate the rest of the debt
- Eliminate the IRS issue
- Practice the daily 10 five days a week
- Remodel main bath
- Build mud room
- Get Mustang closer to if not on the road
- Add a buyer’s agent
- Squat 230, bench 300, dead lift 435
- Have 6 months reserves in the bank
- Eliminate tolerations within 30 days of them presenting themselves.
- Follow my schedule 80% of the time
The last one may not make sense to all but as Realtors it’s easy to be a little free spirited. For the most part I work pretty hard but if I followed my schedule rather than let people dictate what I was supposed to do at any given moment, I would get about three times as much done. That is about setting boundaries. It’s not about necessarily saying “No” but “not now”. Yes, I will do that for you by 3pm today. Or by week’s end or whatever is appropriate. And then doing it. But not “Let me drop everything for something that doesn’t really matter right now and not take care of that which does matter right now.” See how that works?
And that would be bad ass.
It’s on like Donkey Kong. Let the games begin.